This FABULOUS vintage c1970's six seater dining settling is made with natural varnished bamboo, black vinyl seats, and a Laminex wood grain table top - an authentic retro setting!
Options regarding seat covers:
The setting is being offered with a few options regarding seat covers (the pricing based on $150 for the making of the covers; plus up to $200 for the fabric required, which is well under value):
1. The setting as is, with no seat covers.
2. The setting plus seat covers in plain oatmeal / natural, cotton / linen blend (as per sample cover).
3. The setting plus seat covers in Pierre Frey - Patifet, 100% Cotton.
4. The setting plus seat covers in Lisa Fine Textiles - Cochin, 100% Linen.
5. The setting plus seat covers in Les Indiennes - Fleur, 100% Cotton.
6. The setting plus seat covers in GP & J Baker - Palma, 100% Cotton.
7. The setting plus seat covers in HGTV Home Decorative Fabric - Jigsaw, 100% Cotton.
8. The setting plus seat covers in GP & J Baker - Peony and Blossom, 100% Cotton.
9. The setting plus seat covers in a fabric supplied by you (2-3m required depending on width).
While the seats & table are in good strong functional condition, I have attended to some repairs & maintenance to improve the longevity, sturdiness, & appearance of this set. There are some flaws that remain, as listed:
- There is slight movement in both the table, and possibly (minimally) in some of the chairs. While I do not recommend dancing on this table top, it is still very functional for every day use & all chairs will safely seat a solid adult.
- A number of the cane bindings are missing, as can be noticed in the photos.
- There is an approximate 1mm gap around part of the edge of the Laminex on the table top which is probably the way it was intended, & there has been slight lifting of the Laminex in some areas along the edge. This lifting has been reduced during the refurbishment process and is insignificant.
- The bamboo has aged in a fashion expected for it's years, & developed a few small areas of darkening (charcoal discolouration), as can be seen in the photos.
- One chair has an irregularity to the shape of the seat edge, the vinyl is completely intact but the edge shape is not uniform & has a dip near to the upper edge & a bulge to the side. It's no something that affects comfort or function, and would not bother me but is perhaps worth mentioning.
Additional photos of any aspect can be taken on request.
Overall it is in good condition for an approximately 50 year old setting.
Table - L 185cm x W 94cm x H 77cm
Chairs - W 45cm x D 55cm x H 85cm
Carvers - W 52cm x D 55cm x H 85cm
Please note free shipping does not apply to this product. Delivery will need to be arranged by either the buyer and myself from Corowa, NSW, as soon as is practical while obviously working within the current Government restrictions. Local pick up is always an option too if you are able to collect from near Corowa, NSW.
Please note that Textile & Twig is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or negligence that may occur once the item has been collected.